2012年4月30日星期一

Longer but Not Lither

I'm not entirely sure whether "lither" is a word.  I'm just assuming it is for my own greedy posting purposes.  Long and lithe is one of those word combos that just slips off the tongue pretty smoothly.  I'm sadly breaking that up though and not giving you the lithe bit.  I didn't post one of my annotated Topshop lookbook images where I had written "YES FOR LONGER LENGTHS" with a very long and very satsifying arrow (read that any way you want...hum).

Long, however is not necessarily some magical formula to stretching out and looking long-er.  Nope, I'm resigned to the fact that my cravings for long are going to somewhat stump me but the point is that I'm more in love with the fact that when walking there's material swishing about the knees and calves.  I'm even liking the fact that when you walk up stairs or get on buses, you have to lift up your skirts to do so which actually caused a woman behind me to make a small 'tutting' noise.  As in "Tut,Coach Wallets!  Who does she think she is?  The Queen of Sheba?"  (was it weird that I really tried to research WHO the Queen of Sheba was when I was seven when I first heard this phrase...?)

I'm currently liking layering different lengths to the volume.  So this slightly form-fitting Sretsis bow dress goes over the Margiela skirt...probably to disguise the latter's wear and tear from over-wearing...

DSC_2936

DSC_2947

DSC_2956

Everyone likes a good BOOB BOW right?  And everyone just loves saying BOOB BOW no?

DSC_2964
(Marks & Spencer black and cream satin floral dress, Sretsis bow dress, Margiela black and cream layered skirt, Acne shoes, Lanvin belt) 

Technically, these sheer dusky pink layered trousers isn't a skirt of course but there's SO MUCH fabric that it actually does require some lifting up.  They're Skirsers,beats headphones review!  Or err....Skrewsers!  I have to thank a reader for tipping me off about these trews on eBay where I got them for about £3.  I've had a hard time scoring things for under a tenner these days so this recent buy restored my faith that a £0.01 bid price is still possible in this day and age.  The Michael Angel skirt definitely tames the amount of billowing fabric down a bit.  The dusky rose shade also conveniently does a matchy matchy trick with the Emma Cook ruffled shoes.  I still can't quite shake those scrunchies away.   

DSC_2973

DSC_2999

DSC_2996

In fact I was half tempted to run out to the ickle chemist just to see whether they had more of these manky black and white scrunchies to cuff the sheer trousers up into a quasi-bloomer shape so that the black and white striped stockings could peek out.  Weirdly enough, I hadn't run out of shampoo/talc/toothpaste/Lemsip (it's always ONE of those that is missing...).

DSC_2983

DSC_2993
(H&M black sheer top, Sonia Rykiel for H&M bra, Michael Angel striped print and mesh skirt, vintage dusky rose layered sheer trousers,Coolest Gadgets, black and white striped stockings, Emma Cook satin ruffle shoes, cheapie chemist scrunchies)

没有评论:

发表评论