2012年4月28日星期六

Trew Trio

I've always expressed my gripes over trouser-hunting.  Actually I'm now thinking rather than it being an real gripe or annoyance, it is in fact my laziness.  Given that I rarely try on things in store choosing to buy online or zoom into stores in super fast speed and shop n' go, this of course has contributed to the distinct lack of trousers in my life.  

Lately though, a trio of bottoms has come rushing in to up the trouser count, in an attempt to try and one up on the skirt quota which at one point I counted came to 250 +.  The yard sale I had of course depleted that number heavily and could there be a point that trousers vs. skirts will in fact be even stevens???  Surely this landmark needs to coincide with something significant in my life.  I am going to officially be entering my late-twenties in December and perhaps all along, the creeping number of trousers in my wardrobe is a metaphor for the growing weight of my years.  Handy to know I guess.

Along with trouser-life metaphors, I'm going to cram in some flat shoe buys that have also coincided nicely with the trew acquisitions.  Sadly they have nothing significant to say other than they come in handy when walking around town during tube strikes. 

Alas, I cheat a little as two of the three would be classified more as 'treggings' (I'm not even sure this word should even be floating about anymore...) rather than trousers.  Take these Shape Shiftr mustard riding trousers.  They do have a zip and a button at the top but they are heading into legging territory as well.  I love that the leather patches on the knees instantly add protection.  Like built in shin/knee pads for icy slip-ups (scrapes on knees are a weekly occurence for me...).

IMG_1395

IMG_1402

IMG_1405
(Worn with Limedrop cloud print blazer, vintage shirt, vintage lace top with DIY beading, shoes from charity shop)

If you're not into riding or walking around with well-protected knees, Shape Shiftr's S/S 11 collection is a soft silk georgette-filled affair - all cut-away blouses, loose long skirts/dresses as well as a comeback from linen.  I'm having mine wrinkled because steaming the stuff can be a bitch...

Shapeshift1

Shapeshift2 Shapeshift3

The second pair of trews are even more dubious.  They are in essence leggings but I promise they are good and thick and feel adequate as trousers.  They're by film/fashion/art and fellow Hong Kong-er Makin Jan Ma, who's stocked in Beyond the Valley.  Supposedly they're for men but me thinks his clothes can definitely cross gender borders.  It's good to have stripes not going in one collection or in chevron-motion but traversing all over the place as they do here...    

IMG_1417

IMG_1428
Worn with COS leather sleeved jacket, vintage Breton top, Monki sheer stripy dress underneath bunched up, E. Tautz Breton jumper stolen from Steve and...

...a pair of JUICY red Rupert Sanderson patent loafers.  I'm going to be confronting my fear of red head-on very soon but these shoes are the wussy baby steps.  Plus I think the black studs are making a face at me when I look down on them. 

IMG_1434

IMG_1440

In other Rupert Sanderson news, I spied these pale blue python brogues that are NOT going into production for S/S 11 alas... it's a texture/colour/shape match made in heaven which is sadly not to be...

DSC_0784

They also have a pair of shoes with a ponyskin print that can't be anything but a lava lamp in motion.  Come on, how many did you break?  Wasn't it sort of weirdly fascinating to see all that colourful gunk turn into an oily non-descript liquid in one shattering...?  Much like many disappointing teenage experiences, eh?  We're going ker-razy with metaphors and euphemisms here today aren't we...

DSC_0786

Ah ok, we finally get down to the business of a PROPER pair of trews and I'm glad it was bStore who were the able providers.  They required zero trying on and because I'm not obsessed with trousers that do wondrous things to my arse or my thighs, I was happy to slip into these pleat-fronted and comfortable entities.  I think they're supposed to be unisex (I THINK these are the closest match...) which will balance out a lot of the girlier/frillier things going on up top...

IMG_1451

IMG_1460
(Worn with Moustache belt, Toga patent jacket, Whistles shirt, Topshop hat)

In other bStore happenings, the third issue of their in-house magazine has jsut come out where I get to see Darya and her mean-but-cool eyebrows plus Danielle Scutt A/W 10-11 being used (come on... we need to get Scutt back on the agenda...!).  Bless also shows that they can do some mighty chunky knitwear...

Bstore1

Bstore2

Bstore3

bStore's burgeoning moodboard in their store is threatening to extend to the ceiling... still I do love that they have one and diligently add to it...

IMG_0692

The final note to this convoluted post are these studded and tongued brogues from Church's.  Studded and tongued makes it sound like I'm conjuring a lewd vision.  I stopped and gawped when I walked past the Church's store on Conduit Street as they pretty much reach some dizzy heights when it comes to the realm of brogues.  It's interesting that as Church's is owned by Prada, that Prada came out with semi similar brogues for menswear a couple of seasons ago and Miu Miu also have some mens studded brogues in at the moment.  Sharing the Church's love around the company is no bad thing though when you get studded brogue version 3.0 beta babies like these.   

IMG_1471

IMG_1473

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论