2012年4月28日星期六

Not-So-New (York) Looks S S 12

>> Jamming the blog with collection reviews during the week is not my bag and New York in particular is a JAMMY type of week.  I've said it once and I'll say it again - four shows clashing w/ each other on every hour does make you wonder why there is so much chaff on the schedule.  Fortunately, pretty much everything I've seen thus far has not been chaffy.  In fact, better than that, I've actually been clasping my hands together and sighing, pumping the fists and basically looking like a right weirdo at several shows.  More about the sighing and fist-pumping later.

For now, it's all about new looks.  Or not so new looks one me.  There is an air hanging here in New York that sort of feels like it's about to drop on me.  It's called DOOM OF HUMIDITY.  In London, I was feeling all toasty and ready to wrap up in a bazillion layers.  Here, they've promptly been shed.  It probably has somewhat stumped my mission to look for New Looks for Diet Coke (to celebrate the can's makeover) a project whereby... I'm hunting for awesome looking people who can take part in a *ta da* billboard fashion show next week, with their pics to be beamed up into mahussive scale at Times Square New York.  That's either scary or brilliant depending on who you are.  I like to go inbetween and say it's hilarious.  Everyone participating will get emailed a pic of their mug up in the lights in Time Square too for that digital souvenir that will surely have friends and family lol-ing with them.  I think I've chosen good looks (as in outfits!) rather than new ones in this instance but we shall see come Thurs 15th.

My own looks for the week have somewhat fallen out of grace with the word 'new' as I'm just going for anything that's heat-defensive.  Weather.com did not fail me in predicting this mini heat wave in the city.  So out comes the sunnies, the colours and all the things that must make me look like some loon who doesn't want to let summer slip away... like a girl I once knew who used to wear tea dresses all year round with no tights and coats, bravely insisting she wasn't cold.

I rely on the trio Phil Oh of Street Peeper, Tommy Ton of Jak and Jil and Nam of StreetFSN (yes, that does make a somewhat Benetton-esque Asian streetstyle crew - Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean...) for pics in absence of a boyfriend photographer.  Ta very much guys... 

Look... WOO for UNBRUSHED STRINGY HAIR on Style.com....!

Hair
(Tommy Ton for Style.com)

Fsn3
(StreetFSN for Grazia.It) 

IMG_4833
(Phil Oh of Street Peeper - Curated blue jacket, Louise Gray for Lulu & Co. dress, YSL bag, Fleet Ilya visor, Nichols Kirkwood flats)

All hail Yoox.com for this Rochas blouse that actually has a cut-away back... 

Fsn2
(Nam of StreetFSN)

IMG_6338
(Phil Oh of Street Peeper - Rochas floral shirt, Jil Sander shirt underneath, ASOS neon lace skirt, Michael Angel x Manolo Blahnik shoes, Jas M.B. bag, Illesteva sunglasses)

IMG_6475
(Phil Oh of Street Peeper - Rochas floral shirt,mexico Soccer Jersey, United Bamboo dress, Nicholas Kirkwood shoes, Jas M.B. bag)

**EDIT** Just to illustrate the cut-out back, here's one by Phil Oh for Vogue.com

Nyfw-1-street-008_131220931170

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论